Maxwelton Braes has rightfully been called a “golfer’s paradise." Our 18-hole, championship golf course is one of the best in the county.
The golf course opened in 1929 and has a long standing tradition in Door County golf history. Our 6,041 yard, par 72, championship golf course, features a variety of interesting green contours, green surrounds, green side bunkers, wide fairways, a few short par 4s & par 5s, along with some longer, challenging holes to test all skill levels.
Our Golf Shop offers a variety of golf accessories such as balls, gloves, tees, sunblock, etc, along with riding golf carts, pull carts, clubs rentals.
The Clubhouse offers a variety of soda, snacks, beer and individually packaged subs and sandwiches from Uncle Lennys.
The course was designed by Joesph R. Roseman of Chicago, a well known golf course architect. The west side “9” was completed and open to the public in 1929 and the second “9” on the east side was completed in 1931. We take pride in maintaining the course as it was originally laid out.